What We Do
Our practice is limited to what we like to call “Legacy Law”
Legacy Law encompasses all of the issues about how you own and control your family wealth; how you can preserve your family wealth for your needs and for the needs of your family; and how you can transfer your family wealth to other family members, or to friends and charities, during your life or upon your death.
In legal-speak, what we do is called Estate Planning, Wills and Trusts, Probate, Trust Administration, Medicaid Planning, Special Needs Planning,and Elder Law.
In Plain English, as your family wealth counsel, we can help you:
- plan your estate for both death and possible disability
- minimize estate and gift taxes
- plan for long-term care and minimize its impact on your family’s finances
- apply for Medicaid and other benefits
- create special-needs trusts for a disabled family member
- administer trusts and estate after a loved one has died
As your family wealth counsel, our goal is to help you develop and document the strategies that will enable you to preserve your family’s wealth as much as possible, and to transfer it as smoothly as possible to the people and causes you want to benefit.
Above all else, we help your money follow your heart.